Monday, March 20, 2017

Caroline's narrative. Nice to meet you.

Hello, everyone.


My name is Caroline, and this is the first graduate class on the list for my liberal arts degree specializing in society and culture. Overall, I'm excited to see where this program takes me, and I'm looking forward to having some intellectual conversations with all of you.


It's been a while since I earned my undergrad degree, 11 years actually, from University of Texas at Dallas. Originally, I planned to play collegiate golf and major in management information systems, but after a year into my studies, only golf remained my loyal sidekick. By my second year, I pursued my passion of literature; two and a half years after that I happily graduated with a degree in literary studies and education. I also finished playing out my four years on the women's golf team.


Now, I'm in my 11th year teaching high school English and journalism in the Plainfield School District. I spend a majority of my other time coaching the girl's golf team and acting as a golf course teaching professional.


I chose this specific MA program after years of looking for the right one. North Central and this liberal arts program recently formed a partnership with my current school district, so the timing (and cost) was perfect to continue my path as a learner. I'm genuinely looking forward to the courses in this program, and I plan to use the information for both my own intellectual inquiries and to help strengthen the educational environment in which I instruct future thinkers and leaders.


If you got this far, thanks for reading my profile. I'm looking forward to reading yours. :)


Caroline







No comments:

Post a Comment